Fake Testers

Hi Readers,

This article is not related to any tutorial but yes its a lesson learnt and still i am learning. In my career, I have seen so many tester mates whom I feel are fake tester, not because I don't like them but because of the ways they find and apply to sign off things from their end. I am surprised how easily they are able to do so but sad that it affects the image of other testers. Hence, I am sharing few ways used by these fake testers to get there job done.

- Blocker ! Blocker ! We are blocked : This is one the common instance, I have seen done by few fake testers. They simply run 1 flow gets a blocker in form of Blank/Error pages and start running all over the floor without even studying the logs and trying to find out what could be the RCA of it.

- We need More time : Yes, we need more time to test this requirement. This requirement is too complex to test. This is one of the thing I noticed quite regularly when a new release is about to start. Main point of concern is the time which is not justifiable. I agree that a requirement is complex but ultimately there is a time constraint which is required to be met for a release cycle. Hence, working on new requirements rather than demanding of more time will reduce the burden.

- It was working fine earlier : Wooo... This point will definitely put me under radar whether i am on tester side or other team. However, i am true tester and want to deliver a quality product. There are situation where build arrive thrice in a day. On the contrary, build also arrive once in a week. Now, during this course of time, if someone test a requirement, assures that he/she has tested it completely and then comes a defect in new build which was a basic flow to be covered and is missed, fake tester say this line "It was working fine in previous build". Goosh !! Why to lie ? This is the common thing I see so often and feel sad.